Giancarlo is making history in his first season as a New York Yankee. No, he isn’t hitting four home runs in a game, and no he isn’t hitting 500-foot bombs. He has been on the wrong side of history twice this season with TWO five strikeout games in a total of ten games this season. Stanton is hitting .167 in his first ten games of the season with three home runs, seven RBIs, and 20 Ks. The boo-birds have been out and about in Yankee Stadium, it definitely has not been a warm welcome for Stanton.
Harper, my pick for NL MVP has been the polar opposite of Stanton to start this 2018 season. Sunday night against the Mets Harper hit his 6th home run of the season, yes I said six of them already! Bryce has as many home runs this season as the rest of his team has combined.
- Xander Bogaerts is headed to the DL with a crack in his ankle bone, the rumor is 10-14 days on the DL. But many are suggesting the DL time to be longer than that.
- Eugenio Suarez also hit the DL Monday with a fractured thumb over the weekend. There is no timetable for his return to action.
- Springer left Sunday’s game with some leg stiffness, he will only DH the next two games. The leg injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
- Brett Phillips was called up Monday to add some depth to the bench and another left-handed bat in the lineup. Phillips will be Yelich’s replacement while he is on the DL with the oblique injury.
- Vogt has begun his throwing program and stated “I needed some sort of positive feedback and I got it”. His minor league rehab should start within the next couple weeks.
*Featured Image taken from Flickr, originally posted by Corn Farmer