Every Sunday, I will preview the upcoming week of baseball. Looking into exciting matchups, big divisional rivalries, and some potentially good plays to use this week in fantasy baseball.
Matchups to Watch
- Brewers- vs. Cardinals (3) vs. Cubs (4)
- Cubs- vs. Reds (2) @Brewers (4)
- Dodgers- @Diamondbacks (3) @ Giants (3)
- Indians- @Angles (3)
- Cardinals- @Brewers (3) vs. Diamondbacks (3)
- Diamondbacks- vs. Dodgers (3) @Cardinals (3)
Fantasy Baseball Targets
- Chris Sale is the only ace with two starts this week. The Red Sox hit the road in Miami and Tampa Bay, at home look for Sale to put up big numbers this week.
- Charlie Morton has a two-start week, with two home matchups against Baltimore and San Diego. Morton should have no problem getting wins this week against two down teams
- Mike Clevenger is on the road @LAA and then at home against KC.
- Chase Anderson has two potentially tough starts this week but he is pitching at home where he is 5-1 with a 2.51 era in 2017.
- I would look at hitters from the Brewers who have seven games this week at home. The Rangers have seven games this week also four on the road and three at home. Lastly, the Rockies have seven games as well, four on the road in San Diego and three at home.
- Lorenzo Cain 14 at-bats .571 avg, 3 SBs
- Christian Yelich 14 at-bats .500 avg. 5-5 Saturday night.
- Charlie Blackmon 11 at-bats 3 HR, 5 RBIs
- Kris Bryant 15 at-bats .400 avg, 1 HR, 4 RBIs
- Kevin Pillar- 9 at-bats, 3 SBs
- Nick Ahmed 11 at-bats, .455 avg, 1 HR, 6 RBIs
- Anthony Rizzo- 17 at-bats, .115 avg
- Ozzie Albies- 16 at-bats, .125 avg
- Gary Sanchez- 13 at-bats, .077 avg, 1 RBI
- Andrew McCutchen 12 at-bats, .083 average, 4 strikeouts
Top Plays from Last Week
One of the best plays from the opening three days was the 44-year-old Ichiro robbing Jose Rameriz of a grand slam. Watch MLB’s video below!
*Videos borrowed from the MLB youtube channel
*Featured Image is taken from Chris Sale Wikipedia, original photo taken by Keith Allison.