Every Friday or Saturday I will be looking ahead to the week of fantasy baseball, I will be writing about the two-start pitchers for the week, which pitchers and hitters have good matchups for the week, and will also be looking which ballparks teams are playing in.
Two Start Pitchers
- Clayton Kershaw- San Diego and @Colorado
- Madison Bumgarner- @Arizona and @San Diego
- Felix Hernandez- @Houston and @LA Angels
- Max Scherzer- Miami and @Philly
- Zack Greinke- San Fransico and Cleveland
- Johnny Cueto- @Arizona and @San Diego
- Dallas Keuchel- Seattle and Kansas City
- Corey Kluber- @Texas and @Arizona
- Gerrit Cole- @Boston and Atlanta
- Jon Lester- @St. Louis and @Milwaukee
- Chris Archer- NY Yankees and Toronto
- Jake Odorizzi- NY Yankees and Toronto
- Julio Teheran- @NY Mets and @Pittsburgh
- Jose Quintana- Detroit and Minnesota
- Carlos Martinez- Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati
- Rick Porcello- Pittsburgh and @Detroit
- Noah Syndergaard- Atlanta and Miami
- Matt Shoemaker- @Oakland and Seattle
- Edison Volquez- @Washington and @NY Mets
- CC Sabathia- @Tampa Bay and @Baltimore
- Lance McCullers- Seattle and Kansas City
- Danny Duffy- @Minnesota and @Houston
- Scott Feldman- Philly and @St. Louis
- Jeremy Hellickson- @Cincinnati and Washington
- Masahiro Tanaka- @Tampa Bay and @Baltimore
- Marco Estrada- @Baltimore and @Tampa Bay
- Hisashi Iwakuma- @Houston and @LA Angels
- Justin Verlander- @Chicago White Sox and Boston
- Yu Darvish- Cleveland and Oakland
- Ervin Santana- Kansas City and @Chicago White Sox
- Kendall Graveman- LA Angels and @Texas
- Sean Manaea- LA Angles and @Texas
- Jhoulys Chacin- @LA Dodgers and San Fransico
- Jon Gray- @Milwaukee and LA Dodgers
- Kenta Maeda- San Diego and @Colorado
- Martin Perez- Cleveland and Oakland
- Patrick Corbin- San Francisco and Cleveland
- Clayton Richard- @LA Dodgers and San Fransico
- Junior Guerra- Colorado and Chicago Cubs
Syndergaard, Bumgarner, and Kershaw are going to have some decent matchups during the opening week. Kershaw is one of the few pitchers I do trust in Colorado.
If Scherzer makes both of his starts this week, he also has a plus matchup.
Matt Shoemaker has two starts in two good ballparks this week, he may be an interesting streaming option if you are okay with him facing the Mariners.
I don’t like Felix’ first start again Houston, but he will have a great match-up against the Angels. Besides Trout, Trou owns Felix Hernandez with a .380 AVG and a seven HR, play him in DFS.
I am going to start Kluber for both of his starts this week, but I don’t like either one against the Rangers or Arizona.
Teams with plus matchups
- Colorado- The Rockies begin their season in Milwaukee then goes to LA to face the Dodgers. Colorado is in Milwaukee for four games, they will be facing two okay pitchers with Guerra and Davies going Monday and Tuesday. But, Wednesday and Thursday they will have a good matchup against two bad pitchers and in a good hitters park.
- Milwaukee– My Brewers open their season at home for seven games. The Brewers will hit a lot this season and should have decent matchups the first four games of the season against Colorado. Stack Brewers hitting the first four, but things will change when Chicago comes to town Friday.
- LA Dodgers– The Dodgers play against a terrible Padres team for four games with plus matchups every game. Then they go to Colorado for three games in the best hitting park in baseball. Stack Dodgers all week!
- San Fransico– The Giants also get to face this terrible Padres team for three games, and they have four games in Arizona. Arizona is also a plus hitters park and will be a good week to stack San Fransico as well.
Top Ballparks for Hitters
- Coors Field (Rockies)
- Chase Field (Diamondbacks)
- Miller Park (Brewers)
- Rodgers Centre (Toronto)
- Globe Life Park (Rangers)
- Fenway Park (Red Sox)
- Oriole Park (Orioles)
- Great American Ball Park (Reds)
- Target Field (Twins)
- Yankee Stadium (Yankees)
Top Ballparks for Pitchers
- AT&T (Giants)
- Petco Park (Padres)
- Angel Stadium (Angels)
- Safeco Field (Mariners)
- PNC Park (Pirates)
- Tropicana Field (Rays)
- Citi Field (Mets)
- Dodgers Stadium (Dodgers)
- Oakland Coliseum (Athletics)
- Busch Stadium (Cardinals)
If you are streaming two-start pitchers from the list above it is important to consider the ballpark they are pitching in as well. Other than elite pitchers like Kershaw or Bumgarner, I always avoid pitchers who are pitching in Colorado.